Welcome to The Center for Knit and Crochet's Collections Resource, a developing resource for knitting and crochet designed to help individuals and cultural institutions around the globe – museums, galleries, libraries, archives and other public and private entities -- share their knitted and crocheted treasures more effectively with each other, and with the public.
The Resource is currently in an experimental phase. You can help us in the following ways:
- Contribute an object to our Crowdsourced Collection.
- Browse the Crowdsourced Collection.
- Browse knit and crochet related objects from Library and Museum Collections.
Objects can be included in our resource whether they are everyday items, ceremonial items, or works of art; they can be in pristine condition or in fragments; they can be hundreds of years old, or in some cases, just finished. They should definitely:
Be made by hand using one of the following techniques:
- Related “single element” techniques;
Tell a story of interest to our field:
- Personal, political, cultural, religious
- Or of tools, materials, techniques, design, invention, manufacture, function, or purpose;
- Or of communities, and their geography, identity, and traditions, including the migration, influence, or confluence of these.
Learn more about criteria for contributions as part of our Share Your Treasures initiative.
Click here for detailed instructions on completing the online contribution form.
Have questions or comments about the Collections Resource? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit The Center for Knit and Crochet website.
Add to CKC’s Crowdsourced Collection CKC invites you to share your treasures in our new Crowdsourced Collection as part of the “first 500” treasures –…
Recently Added Items
I designed this sweet crocheted picot heart in the 1980s, envisioning it as an applique motif to embellish handmade or purchased items. I ran across…