Contribute to the CKC's Crowdsourced Collection
The CKC invites you to share your treasures in our Crowdsourced Collection.
Objects can be included in our resource whether they are everyday items, ceremonial items, or works of art; they can be in pristine condition or in fragments; they can be hundreds of years old, or in some cases, just finished. They should definitely:
Be made by hand using one of the following techniques:
- Related “single element” techniques;
Tell a story of interest to our field:
- Personal, political, cultural, religious
- Or of tools, materials, techniques, design, invention, manufacture, function, or purpose;
- Or of communities, and their geography, identity, and traditions, including the migration, influence, or confluence of these.
I need instructions on filling out the online contribution form for the Crowdsourced Collection.
Learn more about criteria for Share Your Treasures
A name given to the resource
Provide a brief description (5-10 words) that encapsulates the most important elements of your object.
An entity primarily responsible for making the resource
List the creator's name as Last name, First name. If you do not know the creator's name, leave this field blank.
A point or period of time associated with an event in the lifecycle of the resource
Enter the four-digit year that the object was made. If you do not know the date of the object, leave this field blank.
The file format, physical medium, or dimensions of the resource
An account of the resource
Provide information in narrative format that provides the following information (when known):
• What it is
• Who made it
• Who designed it
• When it was made
• How it was made (techniques, materials and equipment)
• Why it was made (personal story aspect: who it was made for; historical aspects; elaborate on qualities that make it a “treasure”).
A statement of any changes in ownership and custody of the resource since its creation that are significant for its authenticity, integrity, and interpretation. The statement may include a description of any changes successive custodians made to the resource.
List your name as you would like it to appear in the item record (e.g. Contributed by Jane Doe.)
Your Basic Info profile